Did you know Cleopatra used honey as a part of her daily beauty regimen?
Why Are Honey Face Masks So Great?
Honey face mask benefits are numerous!
- Honey is a natural humectant; it attracts moisture from the air and leaves your skin soft and moisturized. If you never tried a honey mask, you really should do it at least once!
- Raw honey is also an effective anti-bacterial. This face mask can reduce inflammation from pimples and to treat chronic breakouts.
- Honey can be used directly on your face, but thinning it out with a little water (or milk or herbal tea), is just as effective…and less sticky.
Backyard Bee Face Mask Variations
Raw honey is a key ingredient in a facial mask. We offer two variations with natural ingredients that enhance the experience
- Oatmeal Mask with Herbs and Honey: This variation is a perfect honey face mask for dry skin. It is excellent for sensitive skin as well.. We mix powdered oatmeal, rosemary, thyme, and lavender together for a sweet smelling but very gentle facial treatment. A little powdered aloe vera kicks it up a notch
- Clay Mask with Honey for gentle exfoliating, pore opening and acne. This set also includes aloe vera. (Note: Our Black Lavender Activated Charcoal Bar or Charcoal Face Scrub are also very useful for controlling pimples and breakouts).
Facial masks in a jar?
Backyard Bees strives to bee as waste-free as possible. You can buy a single-use, disposable Korean honey face mask sheet, but the amount of waste is ridiculous.
The best honey face mask is one that nourishes your skin and doesn’t harm the earth.
Our earth-friendly packaging consists of reusable containers and biodegradable labels.
How often to use honey face masks
Daily honey face masks are safe for your skin but not necessary. If you have dry or sensitive skin, we recommend a mild, unscented soap for your face, like our Cleopatra Bar.
Do YOU have sensitive skin?
What’s in the bag?
Both of our honey mask sets will give you a great facial at home with no waste.
Each set comes with:
- a jar of honey,
- a honey dipper to drizzle the honey into your mask, and
- a reusable tin with the mask ingredients.
How to use – it’s easy
Each honey mask set makes at least 4 facial treatments. You really don’t need a lot.
- Mix ~ 1 teaspoon of the dry mix ingredients with ~ 2 teaspoons of warm water to make a runny paste. You can also replace the water with milk (any kind – goat milk, almond milk, coconut milk) or tea.
- Use the included drizzle stick to drizzle a little honey over your mixture. You don’t need a lot. Stir the honey into your mask mixture.
- Apply the mask to your face over a sink; it will drip a bit and that’s ok. . You can use a special face brush, an inexpensive makeup brush, a soft cloth, or even your fingers.
- Leave to dry on your face for 15 minutes. Don’t bee impatient. It is worth the wait!
- Rinse the mask off and pat dry. You will look and feel wonderful…in only 15 minutes!
Do I have to use the honey on my face?
Many people ask if they can eat the raw honey instead of using it in the mask. The Queen recommends including the honey in the mask for the best experience, but it is perfectly safe to eat the honey!
Backyard Bees From Head to Toes
While you are thinking about the skin on your face, don’t forget about your feet. Winter feet can get dry and cracked from temperature changes.
Our foot care bundle puts our favorite foot care products (Manuka Honey Loofah and Sleepy Time Overnight Foot Balm) together to help you have smooth, soft feet! A real treat for tired feet is sitting down for a warm Pink Grapefruit foot soak, or foot bath.
Oatmeal Herb Mix: powdered oatmeal, rosemary, thyme, lavender and aloe vera